So I have been looking at different protein snacks since I have been able to consume them. So I can’t speak for others but I look for great taste in them. When your not allowed to eat sweets, you have to adapt to something else for that sweet tooth. So I have made a list of the ones with great taste and low carbs.
- Quest S’ mores Bar: Now I’m not the biggest fan of s’ mores so I was kind of skeptical about this one. But I was caught off guard by the great taste. But the only thing I didn’t like was the carbs. Unfortunately, all quest bars are 21 carbs and I can only intake 30 a day. So one a day is what I have come to.
- Quest Oreo Bar: I love Oreos and was happy this tasted very similar to it. Forgot to mention that both quest bars are worth 21 grams of protein and 21 carbohydrates.
- FinaFlex Oatmeal Protein: I just tried this and its a 90% match to the regular oatmeal pie. Of course, carbohydrates are high. It’s at 38 grams of carbohydrates. My limit is 30 a day so I make do with one or just half a day. My tip for trying protein products is if the carbs are high then most likely it tastes good.
- Atkins Lemon Bar: This is a great bar. The protein is a little lower than the quest bars but the carbs are low on this and that’s what I like most. This bar doesn’t make me feel full like the other 2 but it’s perfect for a snack. The carbs on this bar are only 15 and the protein is 13 grams.
- Lenny’s & Larry’s Complete Cremes Vanilla Cookies: So lastly is cookies. These are okay for that sweet tooth we all get. Also to be plant-based these are excellent. These have 9 grams of carbohydrates. So great for me.
Disclaimer: I hope this list helps with Bariatric Post Op Patients looking for some great protein product. As always like, comment and follow this blog for more. Follow me on IG @K.Exum.