Best Tips For Liquid Diet
In honor of my surgery anniversary, I thought I’ll do a list of tips for anyone struggling or about to be in the mandatory liquid diet before gastric sleeve surgery. Trust I know drinking only liquids for 2 weeks before and 3 weeks after sounds hard but every challenge you face sounds hard before you start it. Don’t be discouraged by the challenge.
- For starters, after the first week, it gets easier. I say this because after a week your body gets in a routine of things and it adapts to the new diet that you have chosen.
- Secondly, my doctors told me there’s no limit on Popsicle’s so treat it like a snack. What I did was cut them up and put them in a bowl or cub to take away that want to chew feeling. You better believe you’re going to want to chew something after a couple of days.
- Protein shakes don’t have a limit either. I suggest premier or any other good tasting protein shake because you don’t want to be stuck with a bad tasting shake for the next few weeks of this diet.
- If you like I suggest freezing a shake in a cup if you want a desert-like taste.
- Lastly, if you’re nearing the moment where you’re about to eat and mess up everything you work for DON’T EAT. Instead, remember all the times you felt disappointment from looking in the mirror. Remember all the medical conditions that may go away from this decision. Remember the outcome you want. Don’t give up, this diet is your stepping stone. Step through this diet and be on your way to your new life.
Take this diet one day at a time. You’re almost there. Don’t lose sight of what you want for a temporary pleasure. This is the only the beginning to a lifestyle that depends on your will power. The power you have to say no to something that won’t benefit you. Lastly congratulations on your choice and all the hard work you put in to get to this point.
Hear more about my journey here.
Before and after pictures.
Poem Dedicated To The Surgery